Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Walk in the Woods

The morning I went to the tide pools I got up and went for a walk in the woods.  While I was there I saw many beautiful flowers.

Some mushrooms caught my eye, they were growing on a rotten log.




They were so white and pretty.  They reminded me of how God wants to make me white and unblemished.



The mushrooms did not complain about where they were planted, even though it was a rotting log.   On the way back I walked on the beach.  As I looked around me, I spotted some dirt on the beach.



The surf came in, and washed it all away.  This is like what happens when God washes away our sins.  They are there, and then they are gone 

Do we complain about where we are planted? Or do we let God wash our complaints away before they are even formed?

3 comments:

  1. Wash away my complaints before they are even formed? Ah, what a miracle that would be! You have put words to a prayer that I need to be praying today. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for commenting, you encouraged me.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. William, I've just found your blog and I must say that it is so beautifully designed! Thank you for taking time to notice the "little ones" of God's creation and for sharing the lessons you learn from them. What an impressive lesson from a mushroom; I've never thought about it in this way. No doubt, this is a lesson that will remain with me. Keep doing what you're doing - I know you will be blessed, as will others!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts.