Sunday, April 17, 2011

Press On!

The red rocks of Utah cast huge shadows in the evening light.  We were climbing to Delicate Arch. When we were almost there we came upon a part of the trail where there was a small rock ledge about three feet in width.  The drop off was at least two hundred feet, the sheer cliff of equal distance.


  At this time I was not feeling quite well.  I was about to give up and turn back, when we rounded a bend, and there it was in all its glory.  It was so many times better than all the pictures.  We are hiking up the narrow path of life.  It is very often that we feel discouraged, like turning around, or just sitting down where we are.  But we should not give up, for we have been given a promise:  Glory is just around the bend!

4 comments:

  1. Amen! Never give up! "Glory is just around the bend..." Thanks for the thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I like that, too... "Glory is just around the bend..."

    Thank you for sharing that quite timely thought with me, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that thought... And I second the "timely" bit. :) God is good. Thanks William.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts.