Sunday, January 8, 2012

An Import's Best

Just in case you were wondering, I took this photo the day before yesterday.

I took this one the day before yesterday, too.  This last week the weather has been in the 60's and 70's.  Our trees are budding too.  Please pray for continuing warm weather and lots of rain, so we have a good crop this year.  It's not starting out well (temperatures should be in the teens right now.)
This Great-Horned Owl was on the Telephone Wire above our house tonight.  When it flew away, I saw that it's wingspan was probably about 4 feet. It was a giant!

4 comments:

  1. Yes indeed! We did have a few hours of freezing fog and frost this morning, but now it's back up to 45 degrees and sunny! It feels like summer in our greenhouse... This morning we were all praying for snow, but now I feel like I'd like it to be sunny and 70 for the rest of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shot of that owl. Did you use the camera's built in flash? How close were you? Autofocused or manual?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used the camera's built in flash. I didn't have very many seconds. I used manual focus. I was about 10 feet away. I used an 18 - 55 mm lens. I cropped the photo for the computer

    William

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts.