Saturday, May 21, 2011

Chickens!

 One of my Buff Brahma Chicks
 I have wanted chickens for as long as I can remember.  I often prayed, asking God for chickens, but it always seemed that God's answer was "No."
The Brahmas and Marans in Mama's Hands
It turns out that he was actually saying "Wait a while." Through many little miracles, it has all worked out.
Far Right: Plymouth Barred Rock Chick

We now have 6 chickens in all: my sister has 2 Plymouth Barred Rocks, and I have 2 Cukoo Marans, and 2 Buff Brahmas. They are so much fun! They'll even eat out of our hands.

A Cuckoo Maran Nesting in Mama's Hair

We have had a grand time listening to their nearly constant chorus. 
Left: Buff Brahma, Right: Cuckoo Maran

Isn't it wonderful how God ansers are prayers whether now or later?   


The Other Buff Brahma

A Cuckoo Maran Chick

2 comments:

  1. They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh William, I am so glad you found my blog so I could find yours! I am so glad God answered your prayers for chickens. I have a coop full and love hearing the rooster crowing (all hours of the day! LOL!) and the chickens laying. It makes my heart smile. Enjoy your brood!!
    Also, just LOVE all your beautiful pictures and your inspirational words!
    Thank you for sharing your talent with us!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts.